Saturday, June 18, 2005

SHE - Rabindra Nath Tagore

She
She who ever had remained in the depth of my being,
in the twilight of gleams and of glimpses;
she who never opened her veils in the morning light,
will be my last gift to thee, my God, folded in my final song.
Words have wooed yet failed to win her;
persuasion has stretched to her its eager arms in vain.
I have roamed from country to country keeping her in the core of my heart,
and around her have risen and fallen the growth and decay of my life.
Over my thoughts and actions, my slumbers and dreams,
she reigned yet dwelled alone and apart.
Many a man knocked at my door and asked for her
and turned away in despair.
There was none in the world who ever saw her face to face,
and she remained in her loneliness waiting for thy recognition.


This is a poetry by Takhur (R.N. Tagore)
Whom did he write about? she?? who is she?? Was she his first love? first crush??. Who was she?? Was she a widow?? was she married?? Was Tagore's first love a married woman or a widow?? Well great people in the world have great thoughts(generally different from the normal man of the time.). Widow marriage/love was not accepted for the society in India at that point of time. So was Tagore in Love of a lady who was married? or may be a widow? whose annonimity was a security for the lady?? She was so beautiful and she was so pretty , Tagore even thought that it will be a gift to GOD which he desires. Was she so beautiful?? I she more beautiful than todays Aish?? I am sure she was... I wish Tagore had named her. Some name. like Monalisa... hmm no an Indian name .. like "PARI" . Just thinking , if he would have given the name , it would be the most popular name in Indian History rather than "MAYA" which is the post popular baby name in Indian Americans.... I hope he(Tagore) was more open than hiding his feelings for the pretty widow he loved in his deep core of heart...


-- This is my view, my space, if you like it please leave a message if not dont create a big scene as every human in this planet has a right to express his/her view and not be screwed for that...

Thank YOU .. June 19 , 2005 12:20 AM (After 3 pegs of Glenfidditch ..)

1 comment:

Bong Ginni said...

She is full of beauty... i hope you found a part of SHE by now...